THE LATEST

THE LATEST
BY CHARLES GALBREATH

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hey Big Guy!!!: My Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition

I'm finally not ashamed to say that it still hurts my feelings when people say, "Hey BIG GUY!" I know that no harm is intended, and that those words are usually spoken with a positive spirit. But---those words peirce me deeply in a wounded area. I have struggled with being overweight most of my life. I have dieted, and had tremendous loss....then I binge and gain! I completely understand how the Yo-Yo dieter moves. 

I have decided that it is time to put my weight issues to rest. I watched Extreme Makeover, Weight Loss Edition. Rachel's story inspired me, and her strength fueled my ambition to make a true change. This was the first time I felt with my mind, and my heart that I 've got to make some changes. Today, I declare the struggle is over, and the striving is just beginning! I HAVE 30 pounds to lose, but more importantly I've got a deeply rooted esteem issue to lose! I salute Rachel, and I plan to borrow her strength and attitude to reach my goal. It's time for my Extreme Makeover..... I am so excited about this choice! It's GOING DOWN, literally! I'll keep you posted!~~~~~Inspired to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment