THE LATEST

THE LATEST
BY CHARLES GALBREATH

Friday, June 10, 2011

Let me out of this box!!!!!

People do see me as sweet and innocent. Not to say that I am not those things. But I have other sides to me.”- Janet Jackson
It’s hilarious how many people know me…but, don’t actually know me! I guess I enjoy being my own best kept secret! So, would you believe me if I told you that I have a tattoo? Well, add on an (s) to that. Drum roll, please….I HAVE TATTOOS!!! *GASPS* And, I am about to get another one! I hate being put in a box that someone else built for me. I have always admired Dennis Rodman’s freedom, and “Bad as I Wanna Be” attitude, minus the substance abuse issues! True freedom to be 100% one’s self is my vision of success and fulfillment.
There are so many things that we don’t know about each other. We all make judgments; but, how often do we challenge our judgments. Is what we believe or what we perceive about a person a truth, the truth, or our truth? Why do categorize each other?
This summer, I‘m taking a “PEOPLE Tour”. Join me! I want to drop my guard and get to know more about people that I have interacted with on a surface level!  I want to experience more people’s real self, and share with more people my real self! An in-depth conversation is one of the greatest experiences that we can share with another person. We spend so much time and money watching scripted stories about people in movies. Interestingly so, there are hundreds of untold, or unsung life stories around us. Get to know me! -------Getting to know you!

No comments:

Post a Comment