THE LATEST

THE LATEST
BY CHARLES GALBREATH

Thursday, June 9, 2011

I don’t want to play PERFECTION anymore!!!

I’ve been in the longest game of Perfection! I don’t want to play anymore. Perfection was a popular game in the 80’s. It was a game with 3-D shapes, matching holes, and a built in timer. The object of the game was to fit the shapes into the right hole before the timer went off. This game that was meant to be fun easily turned into a fast paced and frustrating mission.

I know that I’m not alone in saying that I’ve lived my life similar to a game of perfection. I’ve tried to fit into to various endeavors in a self-imposed timeline! I am proud to say that many times I’ve been extremely successful… However, until now I’ve been ashamed to announce that I’ve tried many endeavors and failed! I’ve set goals! I’ve networked! I’ve set deadlines! I’ve taken risks! I’ve read books! All of this to learn, “you can’t plan a perfect life.” This sets me free!

It’s time to live without pressure! Today, I proclaim that I will go where my talent takes me. I promise to be open to life and life’s opportunities. I vow to no longer believe that there are right and wrong connections; but rather everyone that I encounter has something to offer me, and/or I have something to share with them. I have a whole life ahead of me; so, no more self imposed deadlines.

My dream has been updated and upgraded, and I’m OK with it changing again! So, “Who is Charles going to become?”………The best Charles I can be! ~~~~Finally Free!

No comments:

Post a Comment